- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 20cm (8in) square cake tin and dust with flour.
- Crush the Digestives and combine with flour, baking powder and salt.
- Separately, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy and light.
- Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla to the butter and sugar and beat until combined.
- Add a third of the flour mixture along with half of the milk. Combined again, then add another third of the flour and the remaining milk. Beat again. Add the rest of the flour and the chocolate chips. Stir in thoroughly.
- Spoon the batter into the tin and spread evenly. Bake for 35 mins or until the skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 mins. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely and cut into bars before serving.
This recipe is courtesy of McVitie’s.
For more recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours.
For a sweeter treat, drizzle melted chocolate over the top
225g (8oz) McVitie's Digestives 55g (2oz) plain flour 1 tsp baking powder ¼ tsp salt 6 tbsp butter 55g (2oz) sugar 1 large egg 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp vanilla extract 100ml (3floz) milk 60g (2oz) chocolate chips
Time: 45 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: N/A