- Put the lavender and flour into a food processor and chop finely.
- Add the sugar, salt and semolina and whizz to combine. Finely chop or coarsely grate the butter into the mixture and whizz again until a dough forms. Squash into a flat disc, wrap tightly in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Mark 4 and line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the chilled dough between two sheets of fresh cling film and roll out to a thickness of 3–4 mm. Using a 5 cm cutter, stamp out hearts or circles.
- Place on the prepared trays, spacing them at least 3 cm apart, and sprinkle with caster sugar. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or less if the biscuits are very small. Sprinkle generously with caster sugar straight after taking them out of the oven, and leave to cool.
Recipe from Great British Bake Off finalist and Dream Tea ambassador, Miranda Gore Brown. Dream Tea which runs from 15th to 21st June, is national children’s charity, Dreams Come True’s annual fundraising campaign.
It asks people across the nation to take precious time out with friends, family and colleagues over cake and a cuppa, whilst raising money to bring joy to children and young people with serious and life-limiting conditions. To take part visit: www.dreamscometrue.uk.com/dreamtea or call 0800 018 6013.
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Lavender adds a tasty and fragrant touch to sweet treats
1 heaped tbsp lavender flowers (no stalks) 175 g self-raising flour, sifted 50 g caster sugar pinch of salt 25 g semolina 130 g unsalted butter, straight from the fridge caster sugar, for sprinkling
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 18 Nutrition: n/a