- Preheat oven to 150C Fan/170C/325F/GM3.
- Cream butter, lemon zest and icing sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Gently mix in flour, semolina and finally hazelnuts.
- Bring together, form into a flat disc and then roll out between two sheets of baking parchment to around 5mm thick. Place on the baking sheet and put in the fridge to rest for 30 mins or so.
- Cut into 5cm squares, reuse trimmings, place squares on the baking sheet 1cm apart and bake for 25 mins until pale gold.
- Remove from oven and immediately lightly dust with caster sugar.
- Cool on a wire rack. Best eaten within 2-3 days or can be frozen.
Recipe created to celebrate Macmillan's 25th World’s Biggest Coffee Morning
There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
The mix of sharp lemon and hazlenut is a perfect combo for shortbread
200g plain flour 100g semolina 200g salted butter at room temperature 100g icing sugar finely grated zest of one lemon 100g chopped roasted hazelnuts Caster sugar for dredging
Time: 25 minutes Serves: 30 pieces Nutrition: n/a