- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas Mark 6. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, caster sugar, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the milk. Mix the flour, custard powder and baking powder together and stir in.
- Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a large, plain nozzle. Pipe 15 circles (about 5cm in diameter) on to the baking sheets.
- Bake one at a time for 12 mins each. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Heat a frying pan and dry fry the almonds until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Melt the broken chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Allow to cool a little. In a bowl, mix the icing sugar and lemon juice to a thick icing.
Spread the flat sides of 12 biscuits with the icing. Spread the half the flat sides of the remaining 3 with icing and half with the melted chocolate.
- Of the 12 fully iced biscuits, sprinkle 3 with the almonds, 3 with the finely chopped chocolate, 3 with the pistachios and 3 with sugar sprinkles. Allow to dry.
Recipe from recipes-plus.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Delight friends and family with these dainty biscuits
100g (4oz) butter, softened 100g (4oz) caster sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 eggs 4 tbsp semi-skimmed milk 200g (7oz) plain flour 2 tbsp custard powder 3 tsp baking powder 25g (1oz) flaked almonds 100g (4oz) milk chocolate, 25g finely chopped, 75g broken into rough pieces 250g (9oz) icing sugar 3-4 tbsp lemon juice 25g (1oz) pistachio nuts, finely chopped Multi-coloured sugar sprinkles
Time: 1 hour Serves: 15 Nutrition: 270 cals Fat 10g