- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7. Sift together the flour and icing sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and rub into the flour mix, until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sultanas or currants.
- Make a well in the centre and add the milk to the mix, mixing as you pour.
- Turn the dough onto a floured work surface and lightly roll out to 2cm thick.
- Cut out 10 scones with the cutter, then put onto a greased baking tray.
- Mix the plain flour with the milk, roll out thinly and cut into ½ cm strips.
- Put a cross on the top of each scone, brush with some milk.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 mins, until slightly risen and golden brown.
Recipe from Aldi.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A sweet alternative to the traditional Easter treat. Great for serving up after your Easter Sunday roast
300g self raising flour 65g icing sugar 95g unsalted butter 55g sultanas or currants, or a mix of both 125ml milk, plus extra to glaze For the cross: 50g plain flour 30ml milk 1 x 65mm round cutter
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 10 Nutrition: n/a