- Preheat the oven to 180c/350F/Gas Mark 4 and line a muffin tin.
- Mix together the flour, spices and baking powder in one bowl. In another bowl, mix together the milk, sweetener, oil and cider vinegar. The combine the two until well combined.
- Stir in the Cocoa Orange bar chunks and then evenly spoon the mixture into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Leave to cool. Meanwhile make the icing by mixing together the ground almonds, sweetener and vanilla. Add a small amount of milk at a time until you have a thick icing-like mixture. Transfer it into a piping bag and draw crosses onto the tops of each cupcake.
Recipe from www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These gluten-free & vegan hot cross bun cupcakes using chunks of Nakd Cocoa Orange bars in place of dried fruit
275g (10 oz) Gluten-free plain flour 1 tsp ground cinnamon 2 tsp ground mixed spice 1 ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder 160ml (1/4 pt) dairy-free milk 240ml ( 1/2 pt)maple syrup or agave nectar 80ml (3fl oz) olive oil or melted coconut oil ¼ tsp cider vinegar 2 N?kd Cocoa Orange bars, chopped into chunks Maripan icing: 50g (2oz) ground almonds 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar 1 tsp vanilla extract Enough dairy-free milk to make a paste
Time: 10 mins Serves: 12 Nutrition: n/a