- 4 Tick Tock Rooibos Honey, Lemon & Ginger teabags
- 60g (2.1 oz) caster sugar
- 30g (1 oz) fresh ginger, peeled
- 160g (5.6 oz) plain flour
- 25g (0.9 oz) icing sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp liquid honey
- 2 tsp milk
- 110g (4 oz) unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Tear open the tea bags to release the tea leaves then toast the leaves for about 2 minutes in a pan over medium heat. When leaves are fragrant but not darkened, transfer them to a bowl and cool for a couple minutes.
- Combine the sugar, fresh ginger, and rooibos in the bowl of a food processor and pulse for about 2 minutes. Add the flour, icing sugar, and salt to the bowl and pulse a few times to combine. Then add the honey, milk and butter and pulse until a dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, gather it together, and roll it gently into a log about 20 centimetres long. Wrap log in plastic or wax paper and transfer to the freezer for 20 minutes to chill.
- Remove log from freezer, and cut like a loaf of bread into reasonably thick slices. Transfer cakes to a baking sheet, leaving sufficient breathing space between them. Bake for 12 minutes and leave to cool for 5 minutes before tucking in.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Makes: 12-15 cakes
Enjoy with a cup of tea