- Lightly beat the whole eggs, egg yolks and caster sugar in a large bowl.
- Pop the Alpro Hazelnut Original into a small pan and warm until it reaches a gentle simmer, and then stir into the bowl with the eggs and sugar mixture. Be careful not to overheat the hazelnut drink and make sure you mix vigorously when you add the eggs, otherwise you may get some curdling.
- Pour this mixture back into the small pan and thicken a little over a low heat until the consistency is smooth and thick, like a custard.
- Chop the figs in half and set aside for topping.
- Place your tart cases on a baking tray and spoon a little of the mixture into each. Pop half a slice fig on top and dust with icing sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until the mixture sets and the fig is slightly caramelised.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a glass bowl suspended over boiling water (a bain marie).
- Top with the hazelnuts and a smidgen of melted dark chocolate for the finishing touch.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Downsize with mini ready-made pastries for a delicious sweet party canapé
2 whole eggs 2 egg yolks 500ml Alpro Hazelnut Original alternative to milk 4 heaped tbsp caster sugar 4 figs 8 ready-made sweet pastry cases 20g chopped toasted hazelnuts 2 heaped tbsp icing sugar 50g melted dark chocolate
Time: 30 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: n/a