- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas mark 6. Place the rolled oats, nuts and seeds in one bowl. In another bowl whisk together the maple syrup, vegetable oil and vanilla essence.
- Pour the maple syrup mix over the oats, nuts and seeds and mix together with your hands making sure the oats are well covered with the maple syrup. Spread the oats, nuts and seed mixture on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Half way through the cooking time open the oven door and stir the granola and check it is not scorching in one place. Continue cooking the granola until it just turning golden brown.
- For the compote: rinse the strawberries, remove the green calyx and roughly chop them. Place the strawberries in a saucepan with the sugar, water and lemon juice and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- They should be soft and well cooked. Allow to the strawberries to cool. Taste and adjust the seasoning with a touch of lemon juice.
- To assemble the granola pots: place a tablespoon of strawberry compote in the bottom of a glass serving dish, followed by a sprinkling of granola and top with lactose free yogurt and a selection of chopped fruit i.e. blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday
Granola usually contains dried fruit but this one doesn't because dried fruit is high in fermentable carbohydrates- making it kinder to tummies
140g rolled oats 20g flaked almonds 20g walnuts 20g pumpkin seeds 1 tbsp flax seeds 1 tbsp desiccated coconut 4 tbsp maple syrup 2 tbsp mild flavoured vegetable oil such as rapeseed oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 150g strawberries (frozen are fine) 35g caster sugar 1 tbsp water 1 tsp lemon juice
Time: 30 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: 278 kcal, 10.4g fat