- Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Put paper muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- Put the milk in a jug and crack the egg in. Give it a stir with a fork. Add the melted (slightly cooled) butter.
- Weigh out the flours, baking powder. bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl. Give it a stir to make sure the raising agents are mixed in evenly.
- Add the fruit and a handful of granola, give a gentle stir and make a well in the centre. Pour in the milk, egg and butter mixture.
- Stir until completely mixed, and there are no pockets of dry flour. But don't over stir, unlike cake batter you're not trying to get air in there.
- Spoon into paper cases, scatter with more granola and bake for 20 mins. They should be golden brown and when tested with a skewer it should come out clean.
- Let them cool on a wire rack.
Recipe from Lizi’s Granola Range, available from Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Asda, Whole Foods, Co-op, Booths and some health stores.
For more quick breakfast ideas, pick up the latest copy of Yours, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Easy to bake muffins that make the perfect teatime treat or lunch box filler
100g melted unsalted butter 125ml milk 1 large egg 125g plain flour 100g wholegrain spelt flour 2 tsp baking powder half tsp bicarbonate of soda pinch of salt 2 handfuls of Lizi's Original Granola 70g caster sugar 110g blackberries 1 apple, chopped
Time: 10 mins Serves: 12 Nutrition: n/a