- Soak the raisins and mixed peel in the rum or brandy then preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/gas mark 3.
- Butter the bread, cut each slice in half on the diagonal and arrange in the ovenproof dish.
- Pour the milk and cream into a pan and bring to boil with the vanilla pod. Whisk the eggs and sugar together then whisk in the hot milk mixture. Scrape the vanilla pod seeds into the milk and discard the pod.
- Sprinkle the soaked raisins, with any remaining rum or brandy and the mixed peel over the bread then pour over the custard.
- Place the dish in a roasting tray on the middle shelf of the oven. Carefully pour water into the tray until it comes halfway up the sides of the ovenproof dish. Gently put the roasting tray into the middle of the oven and bake the pudding for 45 minutes or until lightly set and golden brown.
- Warm the apricot jam, pass through a sieve to remove the fruit and brush liberally over the pudding. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with warm custard or vanilla ice cream
3 tbsp raisins 1 tbsp mixed peel 100ml/3 fl oz rum or brandy 55g/2 oz butter, softened 7-8 slices of Genius White Gluten Free Bread, thinly sliced and crusts removed 300ml/10 fl oz whole milk 300ml/10 fl oz double cream vanilla pod, split down the middle with a sharp knife 3 large eggs 140g/4 oz caster sugar 2-3 tbsp apricot jam 1-2 tsp icing sugar
Time: 20 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a