- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl and whisk until stiff.
- Gradually whisk in the icing sugar. Fold in the ground almonds and spread the mixture into the base of a greased and lined 28cm round spring form tin.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until pale golden. Increase the oven temperature to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Whisk together the caster sugar, soured cream, whole eggs and custard powder in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the baked sponge and scatter over the sliced apricots. Return to the oven for 25-30 mins until the topping has set.
- Serve warm or cold dusted with icing sugar.
- Recipe from recipes-plus.co.uk
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This sticky tart is flour free and delicious!
6 medium egg whites 100g (4oz) icing sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting 225g (8oz) ground almonds 80g (3oz) caster sugar 250ml (1/2 pt) soured cream 3 medium eggs 1/2 tsp custard powder 350g (12oz) fresh apricots, halved, stoned and sliced
Time: 20 mins Serves: 12 Nutrition: n/a