- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 5.
- Line and grease 3 20cm cake tins.
- Place the sugar, eggs, oil, banana & peaches in a bowl and whisk with an electric mixer.
- Add the cinnamon, flour, bicarbonate of soda slowly and mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the walnuts followed by the yogurt.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared tins and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes, until springy to touch.
- Or use a skewer, if it comes out clean then the cakes are done.
- Turn the cakes out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the icing. Soften the cream cheese by placing it in a bowl and beat until smooth, ideally with an electric mixer then add the icing sugar, beat again.
- When the mixture is completely smooth, add the yogurt.
- When the cakes are cold spread half of the icing onto two of the cakes to make the bottom layers and finally sandwich the third cake on top.
- Chill the cakes and continue to make the syrup. Cut each passion fruit in half and scoop out the flesh and seeds make sure to catch all the juice.
- In a small saucepan heat the passion fruit pulp with the sugar and allow the mixture to come to a rolling boil. Allow to cool slightly, the syrup should thicken as it cools.
- Take the cake from the refrigerator and pour over the syrup allowing it to drizzle down the sides of the cake.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Make the sponge ahead and assemble just before serving
300g caster sugar 3 medium eggs, beaten 300ml sunflower oil 200g banana, mashed 227g peach slices, tinned & roughly chopped 1tsp ground cinnamon 300g plain flour 1tsp bicarbonate of soda 100g walnuts, chopped 3tbsp Rachel's Organic Fat Free Peach & Passion fruit Yogurt (or similar) 200g cream cheese 250g icing sugar 2 passion fruits 150g caster sugar
Time: 15 mins Serves: 10-15 Nutrition: n/a