- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Line a 23cmx32cm (9x13in) baking pan with foil.
- Butter the foil. In a large bowl combine oats, flour, wheat germ, pecans (chopped and toasted), salt, packed brown sugar, dried cranberries and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl whisk two large eggs well.
- Add the maple syrup, butter, melted and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix gently until moistened. Do not over mix. Press into prepared pan and bake for 25 mins or until set. Allow to cool completely and cut into bars.
For more recipes that make the best of maple syrup, head to www.welovemaple.co.uk.
If you want classic recipes and other quick breakfast bites, grab a copy of the latest issue of Yours, which is out every fortnight.
Start your day right with this energy-boosting breakfast, packed full of stuff that will start your day right
450g oats 90g flour 2 tbsp wheat germ 90g pecans chopped and toasted ¼ tsp salt 40g packed brown sugar 70g dried cranberries 1 tsp cinnamon 2 large eggs 175ml of pure Canadian maple syrup 100g of butter 1 tsp vanillia extract
Time: 25 mins Serves: 12 Nutrition: 390 Cals, Fat 17g, Sat fat 6g