- Grease and line the bases of 2 x 8” cake tins. Preheat the oven to 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Sift in the flour and fold in until evenly blended. Fold through the forest fruits and divide the cake mixture between the tins. Bake in the oven for 30minutes until golden on top and springy to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the filling. Take 150g of the forest fruits and puree, sieve to remove the seeds. Set to one side.
- Beat together the butter and mascarpone. Once combined, add the icing sugar and beat again.
- Set one of the cakes onto a serving plate. Add a layer of mascarpone icing and forest fruits. Top with the second cake again coating in a layer of mascarpone icing.
- Drizzle the reserved forest fruits puree around the top of the cake and decorate with the remaining fruits. Dust lightly with icing sugar and serve.
Recipe from Stork.
There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday
A summery showstopper
Forest Fruits Cake 250g Stork with butter 250g caster sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract 4 eggs, large 250g self-raising flour 80g frozen forest fruits (blackberries, raspberries, black cherries …) Filling 100g Stork with butter 100g mascarpone 200g icing sugar, sifted 350g fresh forest fruits Icing sugar to dust
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 10 Nutrition: n/a