- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Cover a large baking sheet with baking parchment, cut to size. Use a little butter rubbed on to the sheet to get he parchment to stay in place.
- Sift the flours together and put into a food processor with the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt. Blitz until it is well mixed, looks like breadcrumbs or begins to clump.
- Turn out onto the work surface and work into a ball. Divide into 4 and dust the work surface with a little flour. Roll out each piece of dough to a thickness of a £1 coin or a little thinner.
- Cut with a heart-shaped cookie cutter if you have one, or an upturned glass and place on the baking sheet.
- Place on the middle rung of the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Leave in the tin to cool and dust with caster sugar.
Recipe from www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve this light and fluffy syllabub with shortbread hearts
Elderflower syllabub: The zest of a lemon 4tbsp sweet sherry 2 tbsp Belvoir elderflower cordial Juice of 1 lemon A heaped tbsp. caster sugar 300ml double cream Shortbread: 225g plain flour 75g corn flour 200g butter, straight from the fridge, cut into cubes 100g caster sugar ½ tsp vanilla extract A pinch of salt Extra sugar and flour for dusting
Time: 15 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a