- Preheat oven to 180c (160c for fan assisted oven) gas mark 4.
- Cream together the butter, caster sugar and 2tbsps of the elderflower cordial, add the grated rind of the lime.
- Sift in the flour and mix to a dough, knead lightly.
- Roll out on a lightly floured work surface, cut into stars approximately 7-8cm diameter 10-15 minutes until pale golden, cool on a wire rack.
- Mix together the sieved icing sugar, remaining 1 tbsp. of elderflower cordial and enough lime juice to make a smooth, spreadable icing. Ice the biscuits and decorate with silver balls. Leave to set for several hours.
Cook’s tip: If using as decorations make a small hole in the uncooked biscuit with the blunt end of a skewer, carefully thread a ribbon through after the icing has set.
Recipe from bottlegreen.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A fun festive baking idea to try with the little ones
100g softened butter 50g caster sugar 3tbsps elderflower cordial 1 lime 200g plain flour 150g icing sugar Silver balls and ribbon
Time: 30 minutes Serves: 18 Nutrition: n/a