- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4 and line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Combine the porridge oats, buckwheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and chopped hazelnuts together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan, mix together the hazelnut butter, tahini, coconut oil, ginger syrup and maple syrup and gently melt over a low heat until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir, slowly folding in the stem ginger.
- Roll the mixture into 18 small balls and place on the baking tray. Gently flatten each ball with a fork and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes (or until brown on the edges).
- Once cooked, allow to cool for 15 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a cooling rack. Whilst the cookies are cooling, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Drizzle the chocolate over them using a teaspoon. Allow the chocolate to cool and set completely, then enjoy or wrap up with some ribbon and treat your friends and family.
- Recipe from www.flahavans.ie
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These oaty biscuits are easy-to-make and perfect with a cuppa
150g (5oz) Jumbo Porridge Oats 100g (4oz) sprouted buckwheat flour 1 tbsp baking powder 1tsp cinnamon 50g (2oz) toasted blanched hazelnuts, chopped 200g (8oz) hazelnut butter 120g (4 1/2oz) tahini 90ml (4floz) coconut oil 60ml (2 1/2fl oz) ginger syrup, from stem ginger 60ml (2 1/2fl oz) maple syrup 90g (4oz) stem ginger, finely chopped 100g (4oz) dark chocolate, finely chopped
Time: 10 mins Serves: 18 Nutrition: n/a