- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4, 350ºF. Grease a 900g / 2lb (23 x 13 cm /9 x 5-inch) loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and bicarbonate of soda in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in orange juice, orange zest, butter and egg.
- Mix until well blended. S
- tir in dried cranberries and nuts.
- Spread evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Wrap and store overnight.
Recipe from Ocean Spray.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A great choice you want something sweeter than a bread and earthier than a cake
300g plain flour 225g caster sugar 1 1/2 tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda 180ml orange juice 1 tbsp grated orange zest 2 tbsp butter, softened 1 egg, well beaten 225g dried cranberries 50g chopped nuts
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 16 slices Nutrition: n/a