- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Line a muffin tin with 10 paper muffin cases.
- Finely grate the rind from the oranges, then cut the oranges in half and squeeze the juice into a jug (you should have about 180ml (6floz) of liquid, make up to this amount with water if nessecary).
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, caster sugar and the orange rind. Using a metal spoon, mix together.
- Add the egg, oil and cranberry sauce to the orange juice and beat together with a fork. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, the batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon into the prepared cases, sprinkle each with a little demerara sugar and cook in the centre of the oven for 20-25 mins until well risen and golden. Leave to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Delicious served warm or cold.
Recipe from The English Provender Co.
For more baking recipes, grab the latest Yours.
Do you have an open jar of cranberry sauce? The great thing about preserves is that you can use them for just about anything
2 large oranges 275g (9.5oz) self raising flour ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda 75g (3oz) caster sugar 1 large egg, beaten 75ml (3floz) sunflower oil 4 tbsp The English Provender Co. Wild Cranberry Sauce Little demerara sugar
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 10 Nutrition: n/a