- Sieve flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a bowl.
- Using just your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until it is no longer visible.
- Add the milk and mix well. Once it starts to come together, turn out on to a lightly floured surface and knead gently until it forms a smooth, soft dough.Preheat the oven to 200 degrees /Gas Mark 6.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 2.5 cm thick and cut into rounds with a 5cm cutter. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- For the egg wash, mix ingredients together in a small bowl and brush the tops of the scones twice.
- Do not over-bake them or they will be dry.
- Serve them warm with Cornish clotted cream and homemade strawberry jam.
Recipe from Rodda's Cornish clotted cream.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday
When serving your cream tea don't forget to do it the Cornish way, jam first and then clotted cream!
500g plain flour 15g baking powder pinch of salt 100g caster sugar 100g Rodda's Farmhouse Butter, diced 250ml milk
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 12 Nutrition: n/a