- To make cake, place Stork block and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time and fold in remaining ingredients
- Place the mixture in a greased and bottom lined 23cm deep cake tin
- Bake on the middle shelf of a preheated moderate oven 170° C, 160° C fan oven, Gas mark 4 for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean
- Turn out and cool on a wire tray
- For the syrup place sugar and lime juice in a pan over moderate heat and stir until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and then pour over warm cake
- Filling: place Stork tub, sugar and milk together in a bowl and beat together until smooth. Split cake into 3 and sandwich together with icing and mango puree
- To finish the cake, make a glace icing by adding either lime juice or water to the icing sugar until a thick pouring consistency and spread over the cake. Top with a mix of seeds, mango, coconut and almonds.
Recipe from www.bakewithstork.com
For more infomation visit www.worldbakingday.com
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Known as the happiness cake, this bake is bursting with natural foods that make you feel good!
225g Stork block 325g caster sugar 4 eggs, medium 250g self-raising flour 100g plain flour Zest of 2 limes 50g dried mango, finely chopped 50g flaked almonds 50g desiccated coconut For the syrup: Juice of 2 limes 60g caster sugar For the filling: 55g (2 oz) Stork tub 175g icing sugar 1-2 teaspoons milk 100g mango puree (fresh or tinned) Topping: 100g icing sugar, sieved 25g each of shredded or desiccated coconut and dried mango 15g each sunflower and pumpkin seeds 15g flaked almonds, toasted
Time: 30 mins Serves: 16 Nutrition: n/a