175g (6oz) Nestlé® GoFree™ Coco Rice
120g (4oz) very fine polenta (the finer the better)
2 level tsp gluten-free baking powder
1 level tsp xanthan gum
Finely grated zest 2 lemons
3 medium eggs at room temperature
100ml (3½floz) skimmed milk
175g (6oz) very soft block margarine
175g (6oz) caster sugar
250g (7oz) quark
100g (3½oz) plain, low-fat fromage frais
200g (7oz) fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
100g (3½oz) fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line a 21cm (8in) x 28cm (11in) x 5cm (2in) deep baking tray with baking parchment.
- Blitz the Nestlé® GoFree™ Coco Rice in a food processor for 1 min. Tip into a bowl and add the polenta, baking powder, xanthan gum and lemon zest, mix well.
- Meanwhile, mix the eggs and milk with a fork.
- Cream the margarine and sugar for 3 mins until nice and fluffy. After 3 mins, add half the flour mix and all of the egg and milk mixture, beat together for 30 secs. Add the rest of the dry mix and beat together for a few secs. Spoon into the prepared tin.
- Cook for 20-25 mins or until nicely risen and spongy to the touch. Remove from the oven and turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Make the topping: Meanwhile, beat the quark and fromage frais together well and spoon onto the cooled cake. Spread to the edge, top with the fruit and cut into squares to serve.
This recipe is courtesy of Nestlé® GoFree™ Rice Pops.
For more recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours.
Top this gluten-free cake with your favourite fruit
Time: 40 mins