- A little TREX, for greasing
- 4 tbsp chocolate spread
- 100g (3.5 oz) self-raising flour
- 1 ½ tbsp. cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 75g (2.6 oz) light soft brown sugar
- 65g (2.3 oz) TREX at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 3 ½ tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Custard, to serve
- Lightly grease four individual pudding basins with a little TREX, then add 1 tbsp. chocolate spread to each basin.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, TREX, unbeaten egg, milk and vanilla extract. Use a wooden spoon to beat the mixture together until smooth and creamy – this will only take 1-2 minutes.
- Share the mixture equally between the pudding basins and level the tops. Cover each one tightly with a piece of foil.
- Place the basins in a steamer, cover with the lid and steam steadily for 30-35 minutes, taking care that the steamer does not boil dry – top up with boiling water if necessary.
- Carefully turn out the puddings and serve with custard.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Double the quantities for larger dinner parties!