- Combine the two flours, baking powder, egg and milk and whisk to a smooth batter.
- In a small saucepan, warm the marmalade until it becomes runny.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the batter along with half of the marmalade.
- Wipe a little vegetable or sunflower oil over the base of a large, heavy-based, non-stick frying pan and put on a medium heat.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of batter mixture into the pan and let it spread into a circle.
- Cook until you see bubbles rising and the top begins to set. Flip over and cook the other side until brown. Cook 3 or 4 at a time depending on the size of your pan.
- Once cooked, keep warm on a plate under a folded tea towel while you cook the next batch.
- Add 2 teaspoons of water to the remaining marmalade and reheat. Serve 3 or 4 in a stack drizzled with warm marmalade.
Recipe from Streamline Foods.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These pancakes feel indulgent but make for a great healthier family breakfast.
60g wholemeal flour 120g self-raising flour 2 tsp baking powder 1 medium egg beaten 300ml skimmed milk 4tbsp thin cut orange marmalade 30g dark chocolate chips
Time: 5 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: 255 Cals, 4.6g Fat, 1.8g Sat fat