- 50g (1.7 oz) The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
- 50g (1.7 oz) The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Sugar
- 100g (3.5 oz) The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 110g (4 oz) hand cut milk chocolate chips
- 2 free range eggs
- zest of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170C, and lay some baking parchment on a greased baking tray.
- In a bowl, blend together the coconut flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Next mix in the eggs, organic virgin coconut oil, vanilla and chocolate chips until everything is mixed well and you have a loose dough.
- Wet your hands to prevent sticking, and roll the dough into 9 balls, placed evenly on the baking tray.
- Press down with the palm of your hand so they are about 1.5cm thick.
- Place in the oven for 12-14 minutes, until the bases are lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes before eating, but DO EAT WARM with milk or plant milk.
Preparation time: 5 mins
The coconut sugar adds a really caramelly tinge to the cookies and the orange rounds the whole thing off for brilliantly balanced flavor!