- 120g (4 oz) The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted, plus around an extra 20g (0.7 oz) for greasing
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100g (3.5 oz) great quality 70-80% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 free range egg yolks
- 120g (4 oz) The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
- Heat oven to 200C and put a baking tray on the middle shelf.
- Brush the inside of 4 small pudding or ‘dariole’ moulds with the melted organic virgin coconut oil. (Grease it in a double layer of oil, then cut out tiny rounds of greaseproof paper a little bit smaller than the base of the mould and fit them to the greased base.) Grease the top of the paper again with more organic virgin coconut oil.
- Then put the cocoa in one of the moulds and turn it to coat the inside with a layer of the powder as to line it, holding it over the second mould to catch any that escapes. Repeat with the other moulds.
- Put the main volume of organic virgin coconut oil, 1 tbsp cocoa powder and chocolate in a heatproof bowl, set over, but not touching, a pan of simmering water and stir occasionally until melted.
- Stir in the coconut flour, and then allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Using electric beaters, whisk together the whole eggs, yolks, coconut sugar and a pinch of salt until pale and moussey (the mixture should almost double in volume), this will take 3-4 mins.
- Gently fold in the melted chocolate mixture, being careful not to knock out too much air.
- Spoon into the prepared moulds, stopping about 6mm from the top. Chill for at least 1 hour. (The great news is you can make these the day before you want them.)
- Put on a hot baking tray and cook for 15 minutes exactly until the tops are set and coming away from the sides of the moulds and it’s souffled a spot.
- Stand for 30 seconds, then serve in the moulds or turn out onto plates.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Great with clotted cream or plain ice cream or good quality dairy free ice cream in vanilla or salted caramel!