- Line a 23cm tart tin with pastry and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to prevent shrinking, and heat the oven to 180C/160C/gas 4.
- Bake the pastry blind for 15 minutes, then take the paper out and bake for further five minutes.
- Next, mix 3/4 of the melted chocolate with the eggs, butter, sugar and flour.
- Pour into the pastry case, then bake for 8-10 minutes until just set. Decorate with remaining chocolate and dust with cocoa.
- To make the caramel, add the sugar to a large non-stick pan on a medium heat and cook until the sugar turns to a light, golden caramel. Do not stir, but jiggle pan now and then.
- Once the caramel has formed, stir in the chopped hazelnuts.
- Finally, pour the mix on to a silicon mat and leave to cool for an hour. Roughly chop the nutty caramel and sprinkle over the tart to serve.
Recipe from Rodda’s Cornish Clotted Cream.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with a generous dollop of clotted cream
200g plain chocolate, melted 50g plain flour 500g shortcrust pastry pack, rolled to thickness of 20p piece 4 eggs 75g butter, melted 100g golden caster sugar Cocoa, for dusting For the caramel: 200g caster sugar 100g chopped hazelnuts
Time: 30 minutes Serves: 1 tart for sharing Nutrition: n/a