- Preheat oven to 160°C/325?F/Gas Mark 3.
- Toast the ground hazelnuts in a dry pan. Set aside to cool.
- Mix 125g (4oz) margarine, 100g (3 1/2oz) sugar and the eggs.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder to form dough.
- Put the dough onto a lined baking tray (approx. size: 325 x 265 mm).
- Warm the jam and thinly spread over the dough.
- Melt the remaining margarine and sugar with 5 tbsp water in a saucepan, and stir in the nuts.
- Pour the margarine, sugar, water and nuts mixture onto the dough and bake until golden brown, for roughly 30-35 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely then cut into 40 triangles.
- Melt the chocolate, then plunge the corners of the triangles into the chocolate and leave to harden.
Serve with Carte Noire N°9 Intense - www.cartenoire.co.uk
Match an indulgent tray bake with a rich espresso
200g (7oz) hazelnuts, ground 325g (11oz) margarine (or butter) 300g (1oz) sugar 2 eggs 300g (10oz) flour Pinch baking powder 100g (3 1/2oz) apricot jam 200g (7oz) hazelnuts (chopped) 200g (7oz) milk chocolate
Time: 50 minutes, including cooking Serves: 40 Nutrition: n/a