- 75g (3oz) butter, melted
- 250g (9 oz) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 115g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- 125ml (4½ fl oz) Shaken Udder Chocolush milkshake (or any other chocolate milkshake)
- 30g icing sugar dried banana (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC. Leave the melted butter to cool and mash the bananas well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl. Tip in the sugar and mix well.
- In a second bowl, use a fork to beat together the eggs, honey, butter and Chocolush milkshake. Add the bananas and stir.
- Make a well in the dry mixture and pour in the egg mixture. Stir roughly with a fork so it remains thick and lumpy.
- Fill the muffin cases with the mixture and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and firm on top. Leave to cool before transferring to a wire rack.
- Once cool, mix together a little of the remaining Chocolush milkshake with some icing sugar to top the muffins. Add dried banana pieces to decorate.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Makes: 6 large or 12 small
These delicious, moist and easy-to-make muffins are perfect for whipping together in a flash. Or why not make them with the grandchildren?