- Preheat the oven to 180?C fan assisted/gas mark 6
- Cream together the baking spread and sugar until very light and fluffy – approximately 4 minutes. Then add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat on a slow speed, gradually increasing until just evenly incorporated
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add half to the batter, followed by the soured cream and the remaining dry ingredients (keeping beating to a minimum). Once you have a smooth, even batter gradually add the coffee. The mixture will be very wet, so beat slowly to incorporate
- Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared tin and level out to the edges. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a cocktail stick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tins for 20 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack to cool completely
- Scatter raspberries on top, with chocolate shavings and a dusting of icing sugar
Recipe from Lurpak® Cook’s Range Baking.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Add some dark chocolate for that extra bit of decadence. It's lovely served with fresh cream, pecans and berries
175g unsalted Lurpak® Cook's Range Baking 410g caster sugar 3 eggs 1 tsp. vanilla extract 315g plain flour, sifted 70g cocoa powder, sifted 80g ground almonds 1 tsp. salt 3/4 tbsp. bicarbonate of soda 285ml soured cream 185ml strong brewed coffee, cooled Handful raspberries Shavings of dark chocolate Dusting of icing sugar 1 x 9” loaf tin, greased and lined
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 8-10 Nutrition: 635 Cals, 70g Fat