- 6 x round donuts with holes
- Candy Melt coating in colours of your choice
- Sugar paste
- Food colouring in brown mixed with royal icing sugar or melted brown chocolate
1. Make 12 large pea sized balls out of sugar paste.
2. Melt one pack of Candy Melts in a microwave on medium power for a minute at a time. Plunge the bottom of each into the Candy Melt coating and attach a pair of the balls to the front and top of each donut and pinch into an ear shape. Pop donuts into the fridge to chill for 5-10 minutes.
3. While donuts are in the fridge, melt the rest of your preferred colours on medium power for a minute at a time and serve each colour in separate bowls. Remove set donuts from fridge and dip one side of each donut in one colour of Candy Melts and allow setting for 5-10 minutes in the fridge.
4. Dip the other side of the donut in a different colour of Candy Melts to create two tones and allow setting for 5-10 minutes in the fridge.
5. While the donuts are chilling, fill a piping bag with brown icing or melted chocolate. Remove chilled donuts from fridge and trim off any excess chocolate drips with a sharp knife to neaten.
6. Using a few folded pieces of kitchen towel, prop up one donut at a time, so you can pipe the face on underneath the ears.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
If you'd like to create more realistic cat colouring, try using cream, brown and grey icing for the body and pipe black icing for the eyes and mouth.