- Melt butter and set aside
- Sift chestnut flour twice with the ground cinnamon
- Place eggs and sugar in bowl of a food mixer and whisk until mousse-like and to ribbon stage (about 5 mins)
- Very gently fold in chestnut flour, followed by the butter and then finally the Marsala until completely mixed but being careful not to knock the air out.
- Pour into the lined tin and bake for 40-50 mins, until golden, the top is springy and a skewer comes out clean
- Remove from oven, cool in the tin for 10 mins then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe created to celebrate Macmillan's 25th World’s Biggest Coffee Morning
There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Don't underestimate the simplicity of this lovely light gluten-free Mediterranean cake. It's delicious with a cup of mid-morning coffee
4 large eggs 240g soft brown sugar 240g chestnut flour, sifted twice 240g unsalted butter, melted 100ml Marsala ½ tsp cinnamon
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 6-8 Nutrition: n/a