- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Grease a 20 cm x 4 cm (8in x 1½in) baking dish with butter. Line the dish with a single layer of Bonne Maman Madeleines. Brush melted butter over them.
- Sprinkle half of the lemon and orange peels over the top of the Madeleines, then cover with a second layer of Madeleines making sure to overlap them with the scallop shape facing up.
- As before, coat each Madeleine with butter and sprinkle the rest of the lemon and orange peels over the Madeleines and then put to one side. Gently warm the milk and cream in a pan over a low heat, but don't let it boil.
- Lightly whisk eggs and sugar until pale. Add the warm milk and cream mixture, then stir well. Strain the custard into a bowl and fold in the vanilla bean paste and orange blossom extract.
- Pour part of the custard over the prepared Madeleine layers. Leave to soak for 5 mins, then pour over the rest and leave to stand for 20 mins.
- Place the dish into the oven and bake for 15 mins, or until the custard has set and the top is golden
- Leave to cool for 10 mins, then dust lightly with icing sugar before serving hot with the remaining custard.
This recipe is courtesy of Bonne Maman.
For more recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours.
Sprinkle with chocolate chips to add even more of a twist to this classic pudding
50g (2oz) unsalted butter (plus extra for greasing) 24 Bonne Maman Madeleines 50g (2oz) lemon and orange peel 2 tsp orange blossom extract 2 tsp vanilla bean paste 350ml (12floz) whole milk 50ml (1½) double cream 2 free-range eggs 25g (1oz) golden caster sugar
Time: 35 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: N/A