- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/170°C/150°C fan/325°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
- Mix in the milk, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add the flour and baking powder and stir until just combined – don’t worry too much about lumps!
- Finally – throw in the blueberry and stir to distribute in the mix.
- Divide the mix among 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin (and sprinkle some Demerara on top if you wish).
- Bake in a preheated oven at gas mark 3, 170°C/150°C fan/325°F for 30 minutes.
Recipe from Flora Buttery.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Muffins are almost always surprisingly easy to make- and great to try out with the grandchildren
115 g (4oz) Flora Buttery 115 g (4oz) caster sugar 2 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract 150 ml (¼ pt) milk zest and juice of 1 lemon 300 g (11oz) self-raising flour 1 tsp baking powder 150 g blueberries - fresh or frozen
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 12 Nutrition: n/a