- 375g (13 oz) pack ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 50g (1.8 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 50g (1.8 oz) caster sugar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 50g (1.8 oz) ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 125g (4.4 oz) blackberries
- 10g (0.4 oz) flaked almonds
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the pre-rolled pastry onto a floured surface and roll it out until it is about 2mm thick.
- Then, using a 7-8cm fluted edge cutter, stamp out 12 circles and place them into a 12 hole bun tin.
- Next, cut a piece of baking paper just bigger than the bun tin and scrunch it up (this will make it easier to use) and cut it into 12 squares.
- Place a square over each pastry and fill with baking beans.
- Bake the pastry cases for 10 minutes then remove the baking beans and baking paper and place back in the oven for another 5 minutes until the pastry is cooked.
- When removed from the oven, turn the oven up to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Next place the butter, sugar, egg, ground almonds and flour into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until the mix is fully combined.
- Using a teaspoon, divide the cake mixture between the pastry cases placing the blackberries on the top as you go.
- Sprinkle the flaked almonds on top of the mini bakewells and bake for 10-15 minutes until the sponge is golden and cooked through.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Double the quantities and share with family and friends!