- 175g (6oz) blackberry
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- 212g (7½ oz) short crust pastry
- 110g (4oz)ground almonds
- 50g (2oz) butter, softened
- 3 free range eggs, beaten
- Few drops each vanilla and almond essence
- 15g (¾ oz) flaked almonds, toasted
- Sifted icing sugar
- Place the fruit in a small pan with 50g of the sugar and warm through until the juices begin to rest. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas Mark 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface large enough to line an 18cm loose-bottomed flan tin. Ease the pastry gently into the corners without stretching and trim the edges. Chill until required.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the rest of the sugar, the almonds, butter, eggs and flavourings until soft and well blended.
- Spoon the fruit into the pastry case, spread over the topping and flatten. Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the topping is set and light golden.
- Serve warm or cold topped with the flaked almonds and a shake of sifted icing sugar
Preparation time: 20 mins
Nutrition: 401 calories, 23g sugars, 9.8g fat, 0.5g salt (sat fat 28g)
Cut into slices and serve as a pudding, or a lunch time treat!