- 1 x 410g (14.5 oz) can of Princes Black Cherry Fruit Filling
- 125g (4.4 oz) self-raising flour
- 10g (0.4 oz) cocoa powder, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 150ml (5 fl oz) milk
- Few drops of vegetable oil
- 150ml (5 fl oz) double cream
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl and stir in the caster sugar
- Add the egg and milk, then use a hand whisk to beat the mixture together to make a smooth batter.
- Heat 2-3 drops of vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Use the batter to make 8 small pancakes, cooking them in batches. To cook, add small ladlefuls of batter to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn over and cook for 1-2 more minutes until set. Set aside on kitchen paper until all the pancakes are cooked.
- Whip the cream in a chilled bowl until it holds its shape. Sandwich two pancakes together per person with half the whipped cream and Princes Black Cherry Fruit Filling. Top with the rest of the cream and cherries. Serve, sprinkled with a little cocoa powder.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
This dish could even be served as an extra special breakfast treat!