- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4. Wash and dry the peaches, then cut in half and remove the stones.
- Use a teaspoon to make the hollow in the peaches about the size of a golf ball. Chop up the peach flesh that you have removed.
- Put the chopped peach into a bowl and mix it with the crushed digestives. Add three quarters of the sugar and all of the almond essence and mix thoroughly.
- Fill the hollowed-out peach halves with the biscuit and peach mixture.
- Butter a roasting tin or deep baking tray and arrange the peaches in one layer in the tin. Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the peaches.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and soft. Serve drizzled with the cooking sauce.
Recipe from McVitie’s Digestives
For more classic bakes grab the latest copy of Yours.
Serve these peaches with a dollop of thick double cream or some ginger ice cream
4 large ripe peaches 6 tbsp McVitie's Digestives crushed 3 drops of almond essence 8 heaped teaspoons of brown sugar
Time: 8 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a