- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and lightly flour a 24cm ring tin.
- Mix the eggs, oil and water with the cake mix until combined.
- Thoroughly mix in the mashed bananas, then spread the mixture into the prepared ring tin.
- Bake for about 40 mins or until cooked when tested with a skewer: it should come out clean.
- Leave the cake to stand in the tin for 10 mins, then turn onto a wire rack to cool.Beat the cream in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Cut the cake into 3 layers horizontally. Spread the base of the cake with one-third of the caramel, then top with about two-thirds of the cream and banana slices.
- Repeat with the next layer using half of the remaining caramel and all the remaining cream and banana slices. Replace the top of the cake.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining caramel with approximately 1 tablespoon of boiling water. Drizzle the cake with caramel mixture, if desired, then serve.
- Recipe from recipes-plus.co.uk
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Delight friends and family with gorgeously gooey banana layered cake
For the toppings: 180ml (6floz) cream 380g (12floz) caramel sauce 1 large banana, sliced thinly For the cake: 1 packet vanilla cake mix 2 small bananas, peeled and mashed 2 large egg, beaten 60ml (2 1/2 floz)vegetable oil 180ml (6floz) water
Time: 20 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: n/a