- 75g (2.6 oz) soft unsalted butter
- 250g (8.8 oz) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 115g (4 oz) castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas – mashed
- 1 x 400g (14.1 oz) of prunes – drained
- Chopped walnuts for the top (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4 and line a muffin tin with muffin cases
- Grab your mixer or blender and place all the ingredients in except the fruit and nuts.
- Mix well for up to a minute so everything is nicely combined.
- Spoon into a bowl and stir in the prunes and banana gently so the prunes don’t squash too much.
- Fill each case nearly to the top and sprinkle on the chopped walnuts (if are using them) and bake for 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Makes: 12 muffins
Serve warm or cold with butter or spread of your choice.