50g (2oz) Flora Freedom
50g (2oz) Demerara sugar
50g (2oz) porridge oats
50g (2oz) wholemeal flour
200g (7oz) dairy free cream ‘cheese' (violife creamy - dairy/lactose/soya/gluten free & suitable for vegans)
2 medium eggs
110g (4oz) caster sugar
1 lemon, grated rind and juice
125g (4½oz) raspberries
Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5. Cream Flora and Demerara sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the oats and flour and mix well together.
- Spread the mixture over the base of a lightly greased 18cm (7in) loose bottomed cake tin. Bake for 10 mins then remove from the oven and reduce temperature to 160C/320F/Gas Mark 3.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling beat together all remaining ingredients except the raspberries until smooth. Add 100g raspberries to the filling and gently stir through the mix. Pour the filling over the baked base. Bake for 45 mins until very lightly browned and just set.
- Leave to cool in the tin before removing and decorating with reserved raspberries. Chill before serving and dust with a little icing sugar.
- This recipe is courtesy of Flora.
- For more recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours.
Flora Freedom is the latest product in the Flora family and is certified by the Vegan society. With Flora Freedom having ten times less carbon emissions than butter, we wanted to show how you can continue to be healthy, whilst making a positive impact on the environment.
Top this cheesecake off with some grated dairy free chocolate
Time: 1hr 20mins