- 100g (3.5 oz) coconut oil
- 200g (7oz) pitted dates
- 125g (4.4 oz) unblanched almonds
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 50g dairy-free dark chocolate, roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- 4 ripe avocados, halved, skinned and de-stoned
- Grated zest and juice of 4 limes
- 150g clear honey
- Gently melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan, then set aside to cool to room temperature. Brush the sides and base of a 20cm cake tin with a little of the coconut oil and line the base with a circle of baking parchment.
- Place the dates, almonds and desiccated coconut in a food processor and whizz until finely chopped. Add the chocolate and half of the melted coconut oil and whizz until well combined. Transfer to the prepared tin, pressing down firmly and evenly into the base with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Whizz the avocados, lime zest and juice, honey, remaining coconut oil and a pinch of salt in a blender until smooth. Pour over the chilled base and chill for 3-4 hours or overnight until set. Scatter with grated or chopped chocolate before serving.
Preparation time: 20 minutes + chilling or freezing time
Nutrition: 366 calories, 28.1g fat, 21.8g sugars (sat fat 13.1g)
For a lovely semi freddo texture, pop into the freezer for an hour or two before serving!