- 2 large Bramley cooking apples
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp xylitol (or more if needed)
- 100g (3.5 oz) full-fat natural Greek-style yoghurt (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp chopped or flaked nuts of your choice (e.g. walnuts, almonds, pecans)
- Core and slice the apples into thin slices (peel them first if they’re not organic).
- Place the apple slices in a pan with the water. Cover and set over a medium heat for 4–5 minutes or until the apples just start to break up.
- Add the xylitol, and stir the apples with a wooden spoon. Cover and heat for around another 6 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes, until the apples are at the consistency you want.
- Taste the apple and add a bit more xylitol for sweetness if needed.
- Divide into two bowls, top with the Greek yoghurt and the chopped nuts, and serve.
Preparation time: 15 mins
- kCal: 245
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 34g (of which sugars 26g – natural sugars from the apple and yoghurt)
- Fat: 9g
Can be eaten hot or cold!