- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°F/Gas Mark 4.
- To make the muffins mix the almonds, salt and baking soda together in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the coconut milk, eggs, honey and 1 vanilla pod scraped. Combine together and pour the mixture into muffin paper holders, but only fill them 2/3 full as they will rise.
- Bake the muffins for 20 mins until just cooked through and golden on top.
- While the muffins are baking put the strawberries, honey and vanilla bean pod in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a bowl and stir in the chia seeds. Let this sit for 15 mins stirring every 5 until it thickens into a jam like consistency.
- Top the muffins with the strawberry jam and enjoy.
Recipe from Seasonalberries.
For more recipes grab the latest issue of Yours.
These simple strawberry and almond muffins are good for satisfying those sweet cravings
Chia jam: 200g of strawberries 3 tbsp of chia seeds 2 tbsp of honey 1 vanilla pod Muffins: 300g of ground almonds 300ml of full fat coconut milk (from a can) 2 organic free range eggs 1 Pinch of sea salt ½ tsp baking soda 4 tbsp honey 1 vanilla pod scraped
Time: 10 mins Serves: 12 Nutrition: n/a