To make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / fan 160°C / gas mark 4.
- In a food processor grind the ginger biscuits, ground almonds and sugar. Add the melted butter and combine well.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom and sides of a 23cm (9") heart shaped cake tin.
- Bake the crust in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
To make the filling:
- Combine the chopped chocolate and whipping cream in a saucepan. Whisk over a low heat until chocolate is melted and smooth then remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and flour in a bowl to blend. Very gradually whisk the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until smooth and blended.
- Gently stir in 80g of the flaked almonds.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the crust, sprinkle remaining flaked almonds on top in a heart shape.
- Bake the chocolate tart for 30 minutes then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Cool for 1 hour before serving, topped with strawberries.
Recipe from Whitworths.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Say it with dessert this Valentine's Day
Crust: 125g Ginger Biscuits 115g Ground Almonds 50g Sugar 60g Butter, melted Filling: 300g Dark Chocolate, chopped into small pieces 225ml Whipping Cream 3 Medium Eggs 50g Sugar 1tbsp Flour 100g Flaked Almonds
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 6-8 Nutrition: n/a