- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 110g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 125g ground almonds
- 75g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 100g Onken Mango, Papaya and Passionfruit yogurt
- 1 large mango, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
For the drizzle:
- 2 passionfruit
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Onken Mango, Papaya and Passionfruit yogurt, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Grease and line a 20cm loose bottomed or spring form tin.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar together until soft and smooth.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Beat the egg yolks gradually into the butter mix.
- Combine the almonds, flour and bicarbonate of soda and fold into the mixture with the Onken Mango, Papaya and Passionfruit yogurt and lime zest using a large spatula.
- Spoon the yogurt mix into the tin and arrange the mango slices on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden on top or when an inserted skewer is clean.
- Whilst the cake is cooking, dry fry the coconut flakes in a pan for a few minutes, shaking them around until evenly golden.
- Halve the passion fruits, scoop out the seeds and juices. Sieve to separate into bowls. Combine the passionfruit and lime juice with the sugar and drizzle over the cake whilst till warm. Leave to cool in the tin.
- Top with a few passionfruit seeds to add crunch if liked. Scatter over the coconut flakes and serve warm or cold with extra yogurt for spooning over.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Serve warm in wedges and extra yogurt for pudding or eat straight with a cup of tea!