You will need
- ¾yd plain fabric, for motifs
- 99x30cm (39x12in) fusible webbing
- 142¼x33cm (56x13in) patterned fabric
- 142¼x33cm (56x13in) wadding
- 142¼x33cm (56x13in) backing
- Basic sewing kit
- Sizzix® Big Shot, optional
- Sizzix® Bigz Die Petal Wheel, optional
All seam allowances are ¼ in unless stated.
- Iron fusible webbing to the back of your plain fabric.
- Cut 16 motifs from plain fabric – or simply die-cut 16 Petal Wheels – then fuse into place on your patterned fabric.
- Stitch around each motif with running or blanket stitch.
- Layer your runner fabric with the same size wadding and backing. Quilt as desired. Round off corners.
- Cut 5cm (2in) binding strips from 107cm (42in) wide fabric, then sew together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthways and press.
- With a 6mm (¼in) seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edge of the right side of the quilt.
- Turn the folded edge of the binding to the reverse and stitch into place by hand.
Project by Angela Southey for Sizzix. For more information on quilting with Sizzix visit www.sizzix.co.uk/quilting