- 2 pieces of fabric large enough to fit the template (different in colour and pattern if desired)
- Polyester toy filling
- Fabric scissors
- Bone template- click here to download
1. Enlarge the bone template on a photocopier to the size that you require for your dog. Remember that you will have to allow a 1cm seam allowance around the bone.
2. Cut out two bone shapes from your fabric, remembering to add a 1cm seam allowance all the way around, and pin them together with the right sides facing.
3. Stitch around the edge of the bone, leaving the seam open where indicated [Note to Art: Please signpost this on the template] on the template. If you want to make it extra secure stitch around the bone twice.
4. Trim the seam allowance and snip the seams (cut small triangles) on all the curves.
5. Turn the pillow to the right side out and stuff well with polyester filling. Use a pencil to push the stuffing into the all corners.
6. To finish sew the opening closed.
Project taken from Pamper your Pooch by Rachel Blondell, published by Kyle Books. Priced at £9.99. Photography by Kate Whitaker