- Scraps of fabric in different colours and patterns
- 28cmx28cm (11inx11in) square of fabric for the background
- 40cmx40cm (16inx16in) Cushion and plain cover
- Small buttons
- Fusible web
- Sewing machine
How to make:
- Using the template below (this will need to be re-sized when printing to fit comfortably on your cushion) cut out the pieces of the campervan in your chosen colours.
- Build up the campervan shape in the middle of the square of fabric.
- Use small pieces of fusible web and a warm iron to fix the applique pieces in place.
- Practise on a test piece of fabric with your sewing machine stitches until you’re happy. Some machines come with a special applique stitch pre-programmed in, if not you can use a small tight zigzag stitch. Sew so the stitch is half on the applique shape and half on the background. Use contrasting cotton to stitch in place.
- When finished sew on buttons as headlights.
- Fray the large square’s edges and sew the whole thing on to the cushion.
Project from Hobbycraft.
- There's more craft in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.